KPM Porcelain Plaque "Ruth"
A fine antique German KPM porcelain plaque titled Ruth after Landelle.
Marked with K.P.M & Sceptre mark
Height: 23 1/2" (59 cm)
Width: 19 1/2" (49 cm)
Height: 9 1/8" (23 cm)
Width: 6 1/4" (16 cm)
The Royal Porcelain Manufacture Berlin (KPM) was founded in 1763 by Frederick II of Prussia (Frederick the Great). Its actual origins, however, lie in three private enterprises, which, under crown patronage, were trying to establish the production of white gold (porcelain) in Berlin from the mid-18th century onwards. Louis Scherf (1870 - 1955) was an outstanding master in painting on porcelain. More than 80 of his porcelain plaques are part of the internationally renowned porcelain collection of the Palazzo Pitti in Florence.